Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Book Review for The Black Eyed Children

Title: The Black Eyed Children
Author: David Weatherly
Published by Leprechaun Press 2011/2012
Amazon Purchase Info
Leprechaun Press Purchase Info (MUCH cheaper than Amazon!)

Every year, I try to take advantage of all the wonderful paranormal authors who visit and sell their work at the Mothman Festival. It's a great way to build up my paranormal library with titles I might not normally come across in local bookstores, and its always fun to actually get to MEET the author. This year, the book I chose was David Weatherly's The Black Eyed Children.

Waaaay back I had done a short little blog post on the phenomenon of the Black Eyed Kids (BEKs), which honestly, was pretty skeptical in nature. However, since my original writing, the interest in the BEKs had surged, and with it came a surge of sightings. That surge seemed to have died down a bit, and while you can still occasionally find mention of the phenomenon online, there just isn't a whole lot of actual information available. 

So, when I saw this book, I knew I had to read it. I'm glad I did. Like I said, thoughtful and/or insightful information or commentary is really hard to find. This book provides an excellent solution---it is a scholarly look at the various reports, theories, and even skeptical analysis of what this whole thing means. There is absolutely no stone left un-turned here. The author clearly lays out the similarities between most BEK sightings, shares stories of variant tales, and presents an absolutely exhaustive list of all the explanations for what these things could be.

I highly encourage anyone who works in or has an interest in the paranormal field to add this book to his/her own library. It's a well written work with only minor editing errors, and honestly, you're not going to find anything else like it. If you want to know more about what the Black Eyed Children/Kids are, then you NEED to own this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment